Skip to main content

Bankruptcies, Insolvencies, and Judgments

CCJs are automatically removed six years after the original judgment date. If you think the judgment was made in error, you should contact the County Court concerned. The courts will also allow a judgment to be removed if it was paid within one month and a Certificate of Satisfaction has been issued.

If the judgment is paid more than one month after the original judgment, it can be marked as satisfied on your credit file. To do this, you need to send us the relevant Certificate of Satisfaction. The judgment will still remain on your credit report for six years from the judgment date, but lenders will be able to see the amount has been paid.

Insolvencies are automatically removed from your credit file six years from the original judgment. To remove a bankruptcy or Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA) from your file before then, we need the relevant Certificate of Annulment from the issuing court (bankruptcy) or confirmation from the supervisor of your IVA.

To mark a bankruptcy as discharged, we'll need to see the relevant Certificate of Discharge. For an IVA to be marked as completed, we'll need written confirmation from your supervisor.